Ron Lacey is a Northern California Partner at Hardesty, LLC, providing a variety of executive and operation roles, COO/CFO for semi-conductor start-up, CFO for private-equity owned equipment manufacturer, VP Finance for VC funded start-ups, raised $50M in VC investments, PE investments, venture debt, bank loans, and R&D grants. Prior to Hardesty, Ron was the CFO of Celerity, Inc. He was hired to turn around the unprofitable private equity owned semi-conductor equipment manufacturer. His leadership resulted in positioning the company for rapid, profitable and cash-flow positive growth after the sale. He led the financial transition and integration team to the new owners. Ron also has experience as a CFO and finance lead at VC funded companies. After 6 rounds of financing, he raised over $50M in financing. He was the finance lead for 3 company exits valued at over $65M. Ron was also the Director of Manufacturing Operations/Controller at Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. He was responsible for its high-tech optics division, leading it through a high-growth period from $65M to $250M in revenue, making and integrating an acquisition, integrating the financial and operational planning and KPIs, which led to increased gross margins and profitability.
Operational skillset includes:
• Planning and Modeling – developed financial operational models of companies to identify areas for cost focus
• Operational Reporting – developed KPIs to measure relevant, critical performance requirements and reporting dashboards
• Manufacturing Operations – successfully managed all aspects of manufacturing operations in a high-tech environment
• Inventory/Cost Accounting – successfully managed supply chain, inventory controls, inventory levels, and import/export matters
• Mergers & Acquisitions – successfully managed negotiations, due-diligence, documents completion, and post-merger integration
• Portfolio Company Experience – successfully managed fund-raising, strategic planning, and board-level communications
• Business Systems – implementation and operations experience on multiple ERP platforms
• Operations – depth in running all operational functions, including: human resources, IT, legal, sales, manufacturing, purchasing, and business development
• Internal Controls – identification and implementation of necessary safeguards
• Month End Closing – acceleration and simplification of the closing process
Ron earned his MBA in Accounting & Finance from the University of Tulsa and BA in Business Administration from Vanderbilt University.