California, United States (Hybrid)
Orange County, CA (On-site)
Salinas, CA (On-site)
Scottsdale, AZ (On-site)
Show Low, AZ (On-site)
Our client is the premier regional medical center in Salinas Valley, California, serving 230,000 residents and treating 44,000 patients a year. They are the lead sponsor of the Blue Zones Project for Monterey County – a health and well-being program designed for the community to live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Work/Live balance is what they do for their employees and the community they serve.
- Located on the coast of California, Salinas/Monterey Bay is a beautiful area that plays host to picturesque vineyards and agricultural farmsteads, giving it the nickname “The Salad Bowl of the World”
- The cool and moderate temperatures make enjoying life outdoors a year round life style!
- Less than one hour from San Jose and two hours from San Francisco, puts you in reach of world class destinations and universities.
The Payroll Manager must have experience minimum of 10 years experience working in a hospital environment with complexities of multiple union contracts, department shift differentials, payroll and time-keeping IT implementation projects, and engaging collaboration with department managers.
- The Payroll Manager will report to the Payroll Administer and will have a direct relationship with the Controller as well as other leaders in performing the Payroll function.
- We are looking for a dynamic individual with strong technical, managerial and interpersonal skills, including detailed knowledge of Labor Law, Union Contracts and timekeeping.
- Hands-on experience in a fast-paced hospital payroll department is preferred.
- This position will oversee preparation of various governmental reports, including quarterly and annual State and Federal government reports, tax returns, and related correspondence.
- Will perform maintenance of the Payroll System and API Timekeeping System.
- Strong technical and project management skills highly desired for software implementation and installation.
- This position is directly responsible for the stability, quality and integrity of the timekeeping system and related records and internal control environment for Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System.
- Strong computer skills required including Excel, Word, knowledge of complex timekeeping systems and report writing.
- The ideal candidate for this role is one that is self-driven, confident with strong employee relationship-building skills and can work effectively with all levels of the organization, including executives, directors, managers, and staff.
Education & Experience
- Four-year degree in business required.
- Experience in an acute care hospital environment required.
- A minimum of 10 or more years’ experience in the payroll and related fields required.
- Knowledge of Union Contracts, contract administration and analysis required.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, particularly Excel. Advanced computer skills including SQL and Macros a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills including supervision of staff including and networking with other colleagues.
Annual base compensation for this role will be competitive depending on experience. The Company has an EXCEPTIONAL benefits package.
If you are interested in this position or know of an executive who is the right fit, please contact us or forward this document. Contact information follows: Angela Hardesty, Healthcare Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finding the Right Fit. For You.
Landing a great job is one thing. Loving it is another. That’s why we take special care to match our Partners with the position best suited for their unique skills and experience. If you’re a proven CFO or senior-level corporate finance executive interested in joining Hardesty’s nationwide network of “A-List” talent, send us your resume. We’ll be sure to reach out when a great opportunity – customized for you – becomes available.
To learn more or apply for a position, please click on the opportunity of interest under “Job Opportunities.” You may then click the link to apply through Linkedin or scroll to the bottom of this page to fill out the application form and upload your resume.
Types of Positions
Become a CFO Partner
- 20 – 25 years of financial leadership experience, most of that at the C Suite-level
- Manager/partner experience with larger public accounting firms and/or experience as an investment banker
- CPA and/or MBA
- Experience with private-equity owned and private middle-market companies
- Experience working with companies at key inflection points in their business cycles, including:
- rapid growth
- building infrastructure
- fixing the capital structure and developing management teams
- capital raising with venture capital, private equity, private placements and IPO
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures on both the buy and sell side
- turnarounds, including taking firms in/out of bankruptcy
If these skills sets describe you, please take a moment to fill out the form below. One of our Managing Partners will contact you when the right opportunity surfaces.
Interim & Permanent
If you’re a finance professional looking for a new opportunity – and have at least 5+ years of experience – we want to know about you. Our permanent placement and interim consulting searches typically include the following types of roles:
- VP Finance
- Director of Financial Planning &
- Financial Analyst
- Accounting Manager
Filling out the form below ensures that we can get in touch with you when the right opportunity opens up.
Our Emerging Growth practice presents unique opportunities for people interested in the fast paced world of rapid growth companies. Many of our needs are part-time with flexible hours. We are actively looking for the following types of professionals:
- Part-time controllers
- Part-time strategic advisors/CFOs
- Board directors