Phoenix, AZ (On-site)
EVP Sales – Job Description
Our client, an award-winning, and fastest growing payments processing and solutions provider in North America, seeks an Executive Vice-President for Sales. The EVP Sales will be part of the senior management team and will build out their sales team, sales channels, and exemplify their “get it done” culture to drive new business, bottom-line revenue, and services development. The ideal candidate is an industry expert, who is passionate about our client’s vision and mission and a motivational leader. They are a self-starter able to innovate, execute and implement change, and a player-coach who is strategic, highly analytical and metrics driven. The successful candidate will have Boardroom level presence and gravitas while being humble enough to listen to clients at all levels and then act to best serve their interests. Serving as a key member of the executive team, the Chief Revenue Officer will be a significant contributor to the culture, a driver of success and will play an increasingly crucial role in management and leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and develop key revenue-generating functions, including Sales, Business Development, Account Management and Revenue Operations.
- Build the sales team, Hire, train and retain a highly skilled and effective team.
- Define and execute a long-term strategy that ensures predictable, repeatable, and scalable sales results to meet company revenue growth target.
- Provide leadership and operational directions to the teams responsible for revenue generation & execution: sales, marketing and customer success and hold them accountable for results.
- Inspire and drive performance of the sales team and all revenue-driving teams to meet or exceed goals
- Responsible for all revenue generation processes and accountable for driving integration and alignment between all revenue-related functions.
- Provide support to the sales organization, drive and oversee process optimization, territory and quota development, revenue forecasting, sales compensation, and overall sales force success.
- Oversee hiring, onboarding, training, performance management, career development, coaching and mentoring of the sales team and sales department budget.
- Instill a customer-centric culture across all the sales and revenue teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep knowledge and experience in payments processing, ISV’s, P2P, P2B and RTP
- Current experience in bank payments, payments processing, B2C and E-commerce systems
- Proven ability to sell successfully into non-exclusive payments environments and generate opportunities in new payments markets
- Current or recent membership in the Electronic Transact Professional Organization
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven success exceeding expectations in hitting revenue targets and retaining and growing customer relationships, within a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Strong leadership skills, able to effectively hire, mentor, develop and lead a high-performing enterprise sales organization.
- Experience evaluating new markets, channels and other strategic relationships and building and optimizing predictive revenue models
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Comfortable in a high-volume, rapidly evolving and technically challenging environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in banking compliance with strong background in Payment Processing regulations
- Skilled in implementing a robust compliance management system
- Capacity to prioritize and work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Vast experience with digital-only banking environments
- Emphasis on client service to both external and internal clients.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA, Masters, or Advanced Degree desirable
Finding the Right Fit. For You.
Landing a great job is one thing. Loving it is another. That’s why we take special care to match our Partners with the position best suited for their unique skills and experience. If you’re a proven CFO or senior-level corporate finance executive interested in joining Hardesty’s nationwide network of “A-List” talent, send us your resume. We’ll be sure to reach out when a great opportunity – customized for you – becomes available.
To learn more or apply for a position, please click on the opportunity of interest under “Job Opportunities.” You may then click the link to apply through Linkedin or scroll to the bottom of this page to fill out the application form and upload your resume.
Types of Positions
Become a CFO Partner
- 20 – 25 years of financial leadership experience, most of that at the C Suite-level
- Manager/partner experience with larger public accounting firms and/or experience as an investment banker
- CPA and/or MBA
- Experience with private-equity owned and private middle-market companies
- Experience working with companies at key inflection points in their business cycles, including:
- rapid growth
- building infrastructure
- fixing the capital structure and developing management teams
- capital raising with venture capital, private equity, private placements and IPO
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures on both the buy and sell side
- turnarounds, including taking firms in/out of bankruptcy
If these skills sets describe you, please take a moment to fill out the form below. One of our Managing Partners will contact you when the right opportunity surfaces.
Interim & Permanent
If you’re a finance professional looking for a new opportunity – and have at least 5+ years of experience – we want to know about you. Our permanent placement and interim consulting searches typically include the following types of roles:
- VP Finance
- Director of Financial Planning &
- Financial Analyst
- Accounting Manager
Filling out the form below ensures that we can get in touch with you when the right opportunity opens up.
Our Emerging Growth practice presents unique opportunities for people interested in the fast paced world of rapid growth companies. Many of our needs are part-time with flexible hours. We are actively looking for the following types of professionals:
- Part-time controllers
- Part-time strategic advisors/CFOs
- Board directors