California, United States (Hybrid)
Vice President Finance
Ventura County, CA (On-site)
Human Resources Director
Phoenix, AZ (On-site)
Regional Chief Medical Advisor
California, United States (On-site)
Chief Executive Officer
Sacramento, CA (On-site)
HIM Operations Manager – Relocation Assistance!
Salinas, CA (On-site)
Our client, an award-winning, and fastest growing payments processing and solutions provider in North America, seeks a Dispute Charge-back Manager.
The Dispute Charge-back Manager will be responsible for checking documentation, deciding if charge-backs are valid, maintaining a positive relationship with merchants, and finding ways to reduce the degree of charge-backs. A successful candidate will be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Accepting electronic payments sounds like simple a thing—and it should be. Somewhere along the way, it became very complicated. Our client has successfully built a professional business of providing these services and is now expanding its team to support its continued success.
The Company has a dynamic – high energy environment and is experiencing strong growth. The Company is led by an industry veteran and innovator with over 40 years of experience in the payment processing space. The team is innovative, creative, and talented. The Company’s mantra is to move fast to deliver unique customer solutions, improve processes, and lead with technical innovation. The Company seeks team members that are willing to jump in and do what it takes to find trailblazing solutions and keep customers happy.
The team is responsible for every dollar that moves through their acquiring partners, networks, and internal systems. The team’s mission is to make payments efficient, effective, and low-cost and to support their clients in a “best of breed” fashion.
- Provide back-up support to the VP of Operations including internal and external reporting and analysis.
- Supervise team of three
- Engage with both internal and external stakeholders to assist with investigation into root cause of losses.
- Analyze transaction challenges which cause chargeback losses, troubleshoot to determine causes, and work with management to identify and execute solutions.
- Take suitable action to resolve disputes, including processing refunds and to cardholders or merchants or writing off transactions.
- Analyze information, think through difficult problems, and make critical decisions based on limited information.
- Track and provide statistics on chargebacks for the Finance Team to facilitate the monthly invoicing process.
- Work with merchants to collect and document information that may be used in resolving outstanding disputes.
- Ensure that all chargeback activities are handled in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide team members with transactions reviewed by them that have come back as fraud chargeback.
- Associate degree. Bachelor’s degree a plus!
- 3+ years’ experience working in a merchant services / chargeback environment.
- Must be an enthusiastic person with a passion for problem solving and collaboration.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills along with stellar customer service skills.
- Possess a strict attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work towards and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional computer skills and proven ability to learn new programs.
- Ability to build out processes and procedures
- Experience with managing Chargebacks and the Dispute process (2 years or more preferred)
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Apply knowledge of company policies and standard practices to resolve problems
- Analyzes issues and use judgment to make decisions.
- Escalates non-standard problems or issues as needed
- Stay apprised of regulatory matters and developments through regular review of appropriate compliance publications and websites and by participating in relevant compliance conferences and other training events.
If you are interested in this position or know of a manager who is the right fit, please contact us or forward this document. Contact information follows: please send your resume, including preferred geographical work area, to Rachel Gibson, Director of Recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hardesty is a national executive services firm that provides best-in-class senior leadership to companies through executive search, interim and project-based engagements. The firm has offices in major markets in the US and Canada. Clients include both public, investor-owned and privately held companies. Hardesty’s founders and executives have vast experience in healthcare, life sciences, A&D, software/technology, consumer products, financial services, manufacturing and distribution companies.
Finding the Right Fit. For You.
Landing a great job is one thing. Loving it is another. That’s why we take special care to match our Partners with the position best suited for their unique skills and experience. If you’re a proven CFO or senior-level corporate finance executive interested in joining Hardesty’s nationwide network of “A-List” talent, send us your resume. We’ll be sure to reach out when a great opportunity – customized for you – becomes available.
To learn more or apply for a position, please click on the opportunity of interest under “Job Opportunities.” You may then click the link to apply through Linkedin or scroll to the bottom of this page to fill out the application form and upload your resume.
Types of Positions
Become a CFO Partner
- 20 – 25 years of financial leadership experience, most of that at the C Suite-level
- Manager/partner experience with larger public accounting firms and/or experience as an investment banker
- CPA and/or MBA
- Experience with private-equity owned and private middle-market companies
- Experience working with companies at key inflection points in their business cycles, including:
- rapid growth
- building infrastructure
- fixing the capital structure and developing management teams
- capital raising with venture capital, private equity, private placements and IPO
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures on both the buy and sell side
- turnarounds, including taking firms in/out of bankruptcy
If these skills sets describe you, please take a moment to fill out the form below. One of our Managing Partners will contact you when the right opportunity surfaces.
Interim & Permanent
If you’re a finance professional looking for a new opportunity – and have at least 5+ years of experience – we want to know about you. Our permanent placement and interim consulting searches typically include the following types of roles:
- VP Finance
- Director of Financial Planning &
- Financial Analyst
- Accounting Manager
Filling out the form below ensures that we can get in touch with you when the right opportunity opens up.
Our Emerging Growth practice presents unique opportunities for people interested in the fast paced world of rapid growth companies. Many of our needs are part-time with flexible hours. We are actively looking for the following types of professionals:
- Part-time controllers
- Part-time strategic advisors/CFOs
- Board directors