Orange County, CA (On-site)
Our client is an investor-owned, logistics company based in the Los Angeles area seeking the new role of Director of Operations. The company is rapidly growing and is creating this new role to better oversee its Los Angeles facilities. The Company operates in many ports around the US and Canada. The Company primarily services the retail industry.
The Company’s leadership is looking for a “Hand’s-On Doer” who can set standards, identify for productivity improvement and build a strong team. The right fit will be extremely organized, have a keen attention to detail and the flexibility to work with different aspects of a business.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader that is ambitious and performance-oriented with exceptional people skills. This professional will have a minimum of 7-10 years of operations, customer service and leadership experience in the logistics, warehousing, trucking space, retail procurement or related field space.
- Oversee Los Angeles facilities
- Expense Management – Labor and Operating Expenses
- Customer Service – Meet or Exceed All Client SLA’s; Must be able to Communicate Effectively with Clients
- Productivity Improvement/Continuous Improvement
- Safety Management
- Compliance – HR, Security, US Customs
- New Client Onboarding
- P & L Responsibility
- Set Standards
- Evaluate and assess talent
- Ensure that company policies are followed
- Optimize business workflows
- Prior experience as Director of Operations of a company in the $200-400 million revenue range
- Preferred Retail Distribution and Third-Party Logistics experience
- Multi-Site Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work with all departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal written and communication skills
- Experience managing people and teams
$130k-$150k per year plus discretionary bonus
Finding the Right Fit. For You.
Landing a great job is one thing. Loving it is another. That’s why we take special care to match our Partners with the position best suited for their unique skills and experience. If you’re a proven CFO or senior-level corporate finance executive interested in joining Hardesty’s nationwide network of “A-List” talent, send us your resume. We’ll be sure to reach out when a great opportunity – customized for you – becomes available.
To learn more or apply for a position, please click on the opportunity of interest under “Job Opportunities.” You may then click the link to apply through Linkedin or scroll to the bottom of this page to fill out the application form and upload your resume.
Types of Positions
Become a CFO Partner
- 20 – 25 years of financial leadership experience, most of that at the C Suite-level
- Manager/partner experience with larger public accounting firms and/or experience as an investment banker
- CPA and/or MBA
- Experience with private-equity owned and private middle-market companies
- Experience working with companies at key inflection points in their business cycles, including:
- rapid growth
- building infrastructure
- fixing the capital structure and developing management teams
- capital raising with venture capital, private equity, private placements and IPO
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures on both the buy and sell side
- turnarounds, including taking firms in/out of bankruptcy
If these skills sets describe you, please take a moment to fill out the form below. One of our Managing Partners will contact you when the right opportunity surfaces.
Interim & Permanent
If you’re a finance professional looking for a new opportunity – and have at least 5+ years of experience – we want to know about you. Our permanent placement and interim consulting searches typically include the following types of roles:
- VP Finance
- Director of Financial Planning &
- Financial Analyst
- Accounting Manager
Filling out the form below ensures that we can get in touch with you when the right opportunity opens up.
Our Emerging Growth practice presents unique opportunities for people interested in the fast paced world of rapid growth companies. Many of our needs are part-time with flexible hours. We are actively looking for the following types of professionals:
- Part-time controllers
- Part-time strategic advisors/CFOs
- Board directors