El Segundo, CA (On-site)
Our client, a manufacturing company, is in need of a Director of Financial Reporting. The Director of Financial Reporting works independently and is responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of financial reporting matters including SEC reporting, technical accounting, and stock-based compensation. This position requires extensive and effective collaboration with multiple finance functions and cross-functional teams to ensure reports, filings, and documentation complies with the company’s regulations and SEC/GAAP reporting guidelines. This position has high visibility to upper management and leads the quarterly external filing process end-to-end. This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
- Manage the preparation and filing of 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, and other SEC filings including financial statements, footnote disclosures, EPS calculation, and MD&A to ensure timely and accurate filings.
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly and annual earnings releases, investor decks, and other outside communications, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other departments to obtain information necessary to ensure accurate disclosures in the Company’s financial statements.
- Research accounting literature and apply technical standards and analysis to complex or non-recurring business issues and transactions. Prepare written accounting memos documenting such issues/transactions for review by management and external auditors.
- Prepare monthly accounting for stock-based compensation, including valuation, calculation of monthly stock-based compensation expense, and reconciliation of monthly/quarterly stock-based awards activity.
- Participate in the month/quarter-end financial close and consolidation of foreign subsidiaries, including eliminating entries such as transfer price adjustments.
- Responsible for quarterly operating expense and gross margin fluctuation analysis.
- Support and update internal controls with appropriate records and documentation for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Coordinate with external auditors and respond to audit requests for assigned areas.
- Ad Hoc reporting, as necessary.
- Strong knowledge of financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow), including preparation of consolidating workbooks
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, including GAAP, foreign currency transactions and translations, and financial reporting.
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional analytical/quantitative background.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office and other software tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA license; required.
- Prior experience at a SOX compliant public company.
- Experience with external reporting software required; Active Disclosure preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience in public accounting and financial reporting.
- Medical device industry experience; preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems; NetSuite preferred.
- Experience with equity accounting software; Shareworks preferred.
- Extended periods of computer usage.
- Extended periods of sitting, standing, or speaking.
- Light lifting
The company has a competitive salary and benefits package.
Finding the Right Fit. For You.
Landing a great job is one thing. Loving it is another. That’s why we take special care to match our Partners with the position best suited for their unique skills and experience. If you’re a proven CFO or senior-level corporate finance executive interested in joining Hardesty’s nationwide network of “A-List” talent, send us your resume. We’ll be sure to reach out when a great opportunity – customized for you – becomes available.
To learn more or apply for a position, please click on the opportunity of interest under “Job Opportunities.” You may then click the link to apply through Linkedin or scroll to the bottom of this page to fill out the application form and upload your resume.
Types of Positions
Become a CFO Partner
- 20 – 25 years of financial leadership experience, most of that at the C Suite-level
- Manager/partner experience with larger public accounting firms and/or experience as an investment banker
- CPA and/or MBA
- Experience with private-equity owned and private middle-market companies
- Experience working with companies at key inflection points in their business cycles, including:
- rapid growth
- building infrastructure
- fixing the capital structure and developing management teams
- capital raising with venture capital, private equity, private placements and IPO
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures on both the buy and sell side
- turnarounds, including taking firms in/out of bankruptcy
If these skills sets describe you, please take a moment to fill out the form below. One of our Managing Partners will contact you when the right opportunity surfaces.
Interim & Permanent
If you’re a finance professional looking for a new opportunity – and have at least 5+ years of experience – we want to know about you. Our permanent placement and interim consulting searches typically include the following types of roles:
- VP Finance
- Director of Financial Planning &
- Financial Analyst
- Accounting Manager
Filling out the form below ensures that we can get in touch with you when the right opportunity opens up.
Our Emerging Growth practice presents unique opportunities for people interested in the fast paced world of rapid growth companies. Many of our needs are part-time with flexible hours. We are actively looking for the following types of professionals:
- Part-time controllers
- Part-time strategic advisors/CFOs
- Board directors